**Note: the VF-1 now uses red silicone sheet or gray silicone sheet depending on material availability. Due to high demand, you cannot choose which color your order comes with.
AVAILABILITY: The unpredictable demand for presses left us selling none for over a month. Then within 4-5 days we sold what we would normally sell in a month’s time. It leaves us not knowing how to plan or order materials. As a result we have sold out of VF1’s and are awaiting the arrival of additional materials to begin building more. We anticipate having more available sometime during the week of March 8th, 2021. We will update this page with additional information as we get closer to posting them up for order. We have no way to handle pre-orders. There are more people wanting to order than there will be presses available in the next batch so it will be first come first serve once the inventory is available to order. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL us asking to pre-order or asking to be notified in advance. We are a small shop and If we are constantly answering emails, we are not building vacuum formers. All updates will be posted here on this page.
*Please allow 3-5 business days for us to process, test, pack, and ship your order after your order has been placed.
The ThermaPress VF-1 is the most versatile and most advanced bench top vacuum former press ever built. It is the last vacuum former for kydex holster making you will ever need . . .until you need a second one. This vacuum forming press was designed for professionals vacuum forming kydex holsters and knife sheaths but because of its versatility, it can vacuum form many different thermoplastics and products.
- The fastest direct vacuum draw on the market.
- Constructed of strong solid materials that have been CNC machined, not made from mold injected plastic.
- Diamond flow technology vacuum chamber is more efficient than chambers with square grid patterns.
- Achieve a full 29.5 inches of mercury vacuum . . every single time when used with a quality vacuum pump and quality gauges. There is no such thing as 30 inches of vacuum despite what others may tell you.
- Modular construction allows it to be updated, upgraded, and parts replaced without having to ship it to us for repair should it ever become damaged or if any part of the VF1 should wear out (which is highly unlikely). We can just ship you out a replacement part. Many of the parts can be obtained at your local home center to avoid minimal down time. No other kydex vacuum former in the industry can do that.
- 100% User serviceable. No need to ever send it back for repair.
- Large 14 x 19 work area is just the right size and fits on a standard counter top. There is no need to build a custom size work bench to put it on. If a vacuum press is too large, it takes longer to achieve full vacuum. A large press, for example a 24 x 24 inch press, will not fit on a standard counter top or workbench and takes almost 100% longer to achieve a full vacuum. When vacuum forming, every second counts to achieve the best possible definition. Larger presses are also much more expensive to operate when you have to replace a membrane.
- Silicone Membrane is bolted in place. No more slipping magnets or struggling with taller items.
- Designed to work with the ThermaJig.
- Dual Seal Technology means no leaks and no gaskets to replace. The VF-1 will hold vacuum longer and tighter than any other press on the market.
- Allows for membrane free vacuum forming with our optional direct forming kit. This is the only convertible, dual purpose press on the market.
- The VSS (vacuum storage system) can easily be added at any time to turbo charge your vacuum speed and improve your molding definition even more but is certainly not needed.
- Full size one inch intake tube allows you to add your own surge tank later. (Adding your own surge tank may void your warranty if you modify the VF-1)
- Solid brass ball valves included for heavy duty use. No cheap plastic control valves or push buttons.
- Will not warp or crack.
- Steel lid hinges will not crack or break like plastic hinges.
- Some assembly required. Requires a Phillips screwdriver, #2 square drive, a 7/16 nut driver, adjustable wrench, and pliers.
- Ambidextrous controls- set it up with the controls on the right or left side. This is a huge feature when running two VF-1 formers that share a vacuum pump between them or if you are a lefty.
- Can be connected and operational within just a few minutes.
- Requires at least a minimum 3 c.f.m. vacuum pump to operate, 5 CFM recommend, 8 CFM is best (must be purchased elsewhere)
- The VF-1 has 3 years of product testing and development behind it before being brought to market. No one has more experience than us when it comes to building vacuum formers for the kydex holster industry.
- Made and assembled in the United States of America in our facility outside Atlanta, Georgia.
- *** Full One year warranty. ***ss
- If you are considering purchasing two or more VF-1 formers in the same shipment, please contact us regarding pricing incentives.
Check out the video below where we show you how tough our press is and how it is capable of molding taller items. This is just an example and most people mold with flat split molds instead of vertically as shown in the video. You just cannot do this if the membrane is held in place with magnets. Much larger presses using a magnetic system can do this but are very inefficient.